This month, I decided to do something a little different.
I challenged myself to discover a super simple recipe that doesn’t require a mixer, or any fancy ingredient.
And so here you go. ANYBODY can make this cake. Unless you don’t have an oven.
All it takes is a bowl and a whisk.
If your darling is not a fan of sugar, then this cake is the deal. There is no cream on it, only some optional glaze, if you prefer to decorate the cake. That also means you can bring it anywhere, because there’s no cream, you need not be afraid it’ll melt.
The only thing you will melt is his heart! Now go whisk away, and tag me at @bobthebakerboy #bobthebakerboyrecipes if you really did try. 🙂
Eggs | 2 pieces, ~120g
Sugar | 200g
Lemon Zest| 1 tablespoon
Lemon Juice | 50g
Vanilla Essence| 1/2 tsp
Buttermilk | 120g
Vegetable Oil | 112g
Plain Flour | 320g
Baking Powder | 2 tsp
Salt | 1/2 tsp
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the plain flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla essence. Mix until combined.
- Add the buttermilk and vegetable oil into the bowl and stir until just blended.
- Add the flour mixture into the bowl and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the 6” pan and bake in oven for ___ minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let the cake cool completely.
Powdered Sugar | 128g
Lemon Juice | 1 tbsp
- Whisk powdered sugar in a medium bowl
- Add lemon juice in and stir until you reach a pouring consistency.
- Decorate cake as desired! Have fun!